Live Animal (Birds) Regulations
- Transportation of dogs, cats, birds and other domestic animals must be carried out subject to obtaining permission from the air carrier when booking, before the transportation. Animals must be properly placed in containers / cages and have valid vaccination certificates and health certificates, permits for importation into the country of destination or transit. Animals must be clean, neat and do not have an unpleasant smell. The air carrier has the right to determine the mode of transportation and to limit the number of animals that can be transported on the same flight.
- Transportation of animals, accepted as check-in baggage along with the container and food, must be paid as an additional service for which the passenger must pay the corresponding air carrier’s tariff in accordance with the Tariff Application Rules, established by the air carrier.
- Service dogs (guide dogs) that assist government employees, rescue teams or blind / deaf passengers, accompanying such passengers, are transported free of charge along with containers and food for them.
- In the passenger cabin of an aircraft it is allowed to transport:
– Service dogs, accompanied by a dog specialist; guide dogs for blind and deaf passengers, provided that the animals have a collar and a muzzle. A service dog, guide dog must be situated at the feet of a passenger / dog specialist;
– Small animals, the mass of which, together with the means of transportation, does not exceed 8 kg. Bird cages should be covered with dense light-tight matter.
On flights of the airline, no more than 3 containers with live pets are allowed to be transported in each passenger cabin of the aircraft.
The cost of transporting an animal in the passenger cabin of the aircraft is paid additionally at a rate of 35 euros to one side of the route.
The size of the container for the transportation of live pets in the passenger cabin of the aircraft should not exceed 115 cm in the amount of three dimensions.
A container with live animals during air transportation must be placed under the seat. You cannot place a container with a live animal on the luggage racks or on a separate passenger seat.
- Animals, the mass of which with the means of transportation exceeds 8 kg, are transported only in the baggage-cargo compartments of the aircraft (except guide dogs)
The cost of transporting an animal in the luggage compartment of the aircraft is paid additionally in the amount of 2 euro / kg (inclusive with a container) to one side of the route.
- When transporting animals, the passenger is responsible for such an animal, and also ensures the provision of the necessary documents, provided by the current legislation. The air carrier shall not be liable for injuries, loss, delay, disease or death of such animals in case of refusal to import them to the country of destination or transit, if such damage was not caused due to negligence of the air carrier.
- In the event that the passenger fails to fulfill the terms of paragraphs 1-6 of this chapter, the air carrier has the right, in carrying out check-in of a passenger, to make a final decision on transportation or refusal to transport animals (birds) at air carrier’s own discretion.